Date of Last Update: July 31, 2016
1. Data Collection
When you use the Services, you may utilize a heart rate monitor and/or GPS device in connection with the Apps, which will transmit data to ClockIt EQ Pty Ltd. When you sync the heart rate monitor and/or GPS device through an App or the Software, data recorded on the heart rate monitor and/or GPS device about your horse’s activity is transferred from the heart rate monitor and/or GPS device to ClockIt’s servers. Additionally, when you use the Services you may enter contests, vote in surveys, submit demographic information, subscribe to services and create an account, express opinions or otherwise post or upload data on the Sites or via the Apps or Software, ClockIt collects and stores all of this data. The types of data that may be collected through your use of the Services include but are not limited to your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, credit card information, demographic information, information about your interests and behaviours, and information about your horse’s heart rate, location, stride characteristics, speed and distance travelled.
When you visit the Sites, ClockIt may also collect certain data about your visit, such as your browser type, operating system, the URL of the page that referred you, the different actions you performed, and the IP address you used to access pages on the Sites. We also collect data from cookies, as described below.
2. How ClockIt Uses the Data it Collects
CLOCKIT will use the data it collects to provide you with the best experience possible, to help you make the most of your use of the Services, to improve and protect the Services, to do research, and to prepare research papers. We also may sell the data we collect, but we won’t sell any data that could identify you. We only share data when it is necessary to provide the Services, when the data is de-identified and aggregated, or when you direct us to share it.
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is data that includes a personal identifier like your name, email or address, or data that could reasonably be linked back to you. We will only share this data in the following circumstances:
– with companies that are contractually engaged in providing us with services, such as order fulfilment, email management, and credit card processing. These companies are obligated by contract to safeguard any PII they receive from us.
– if we believe disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, valid legal process (e.g. subpoenas or warrants served on us), or governmental or regulatory request, to enforce or apply the Terms of Service, to protect the security or integrity of the Services, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of CLOCKIT, its employees, users, or others. If we are going to release your PII, we will do our best to provide you with notice in advance by email, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so.
– we may disclose or transfer your PII in connection with the sale, merger, bankruptcy, sale of assets or reorganization of our company.
– the Sites may offer contests, sweepstakes, or promotions that are sponsored by or co-sponsored with identified third parties. By virtue of their sponsorship, these third parties may obtain PII that visitors voluntarily submit to participate in the contest, sweepstakes, or promotion. CLOCKIT may also share registered users’ volunteered contact information with its partners and affiliates, or send messages to users on the behalf of its partners and affiliates. CLOCKIT has no control over the third-party sponsors’ use of this information.
CLOCKIT may share or sell aggregated, de-identified data about you or your horses that does not identify you or your horses, with partners and the public in a variety of ways, such as by providing research, studies, papers, analyses, compilations or reports about the health, fitness, training, care and nutrition of horses.
We may also provide log files and other databases of user information to third parties for analysis, so we can get a better understanding of traffic through our site and thus improve our content offerings.
CLOCKIT may use the data to transmit occasional updates to its members and e-newsletter subscribers about new features and special offers from CLOCKIT, its affiliates, and selected partners.
3. Choices about how CLOCKIT Uses and Discloses Your Information
– Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising: If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to info@ClockItEQ.com.
– Promotional Offers from CLOCKIT: If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by CLOCKIT to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending an e-mail to info@ClockItEQ.com. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to CLOCKIT as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
4. How to Deactivate Your CLOCKIT Account
You can deactivate your CLOCKIT account(s) by contacting customer support at info@ClockItEQ.com. CLOCKIT may continue to use your de-identified data after you deactivate your account.
5. Accessing and Correcting Your Information
For those Sites that have log-in capability, you can review and change your personal information by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail at info@ClockItEQ.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
To enhance your experience on our Sites, many of our Sites use “cookies.” Cookies are text files we place in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your e-mail address or other personally identifiable information unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, registering at ClockItEQ.com, KERClockIt.com. However, once you choose to furnish the Site with personally identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
7. Third parties
The Sites may contain links to other sites whose information practices may be different than ours. Visitors should consult the privacy notices of these other sites as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
8. Other Uses of Data
Data collected on a Site may be shared with other sites owned by CLOCKIT. In addition, information collected on our website may be used for other purposes by our associate Kentucky Equine Research, such as direct mail efforts.
CLOCKIT uses a combination of technical and administrative security controls to maintain the security of your data.
When our registration/order forms ask users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number and/or social security number), that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry – Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). While on a secure page, such as our order form, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers becomes locked, as opposed to being unlocked (or open) when you are just surfing.
10. Obtaining your consent
13. Notification of Changes to This Policy
ClockIt EQ Pty Ltd is owned and operated from within the Commonwealth of Australia. As such ClockItEQ Pty Ltd operates in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Australia and the State of Western Australia. Any issue arising from the use or handling of information obtained by the app with be dealt with exclusively within the jurisdiction of the Court of Western Australia.
ClockItEQ Pty Ltd
15 Woollcott Avenue